School Transfer Procedure from UM to U.S. Academic Institution

In order to transfer out of UM, you must use the School Transfer Out Form for Students in F-1 Status to notify ISSS of your intent to transfer. Upon receipt of this form, along with your original Form I-94, we will update your SEVIS record, thereby giving the new school access to your record.
You may be applying to many schools, but your SEVIS record can only be transferred to ONE school. Once we transfer your record out, we CANNOT retrieve it after the release date, and you will have to contact the school you requested that it be transferred to. Your transfer release date will be the end of the current semester unless otherwise requested, provided you have a valid reason. The new school cannot issue you a new I-20 until the record is transferred.